Friday 6 April 2012

Version 2 of the Sunki Dress

Hello.

I have made another Sunki dress, this time for my 10 year old.
Here it is.


I made the size 8-9 even though my daughter is 10 years old. 
The size chart matched almost spot on for her using the 8-9, except for the length.



It is actually quite a short dress, but looking back to the 60's style, still acceptable.
A pair of tights or even jeans would fix this issue.



I used quilting cotton for this dress. The fabric itself has a softness to it that reminds me of brushed cotton.




I made a matching headband to accentuate the 1960's feel this dress has.



I cut the side panel pieces on the angle to give a bit of dimension to the dress.



I really do love this dress.
I'm thinking next time I'll make it about 5 inches longer in a plain fabric, maybe denim.




  

4 comments:

  1. So awesome! changing the direction is perfect for showing of the dimensions! I so want this pattern, alas I have no girls to sew for... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great with the headband to match, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress Sherry! Thanks for your sweet note on my bunny too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...