I am getting ready for Winter and have just finished another jacket for my daughter.
I used this pattern from one of my Japanese pattern books.
I loved this jacket from the moment I saw it.
I did encounter a couple of problems making it though. I used a pin striped velvet fabric and looking at the photos in the book I think they used a more stretchy fabric. Because of this I had a problem with the sleeves. They were supposed to fit in flat but I was unable to stretch the armhole so instead I had to slightly gather the sleeve. Not a major issue.
The collar had 2 pieces, one a little smaller than the other. I'm sure I was supposed to stretch the smaller piece so that when the collar was turned the seam would sit underneath. Well I couldn't stretch it here either so I just cut the 2 pieces the same size and made a regular collar.
The only other problem I had was with the buttonholes...those damn little buttonholes.
I even changed my needle for a sharp new one and still had issues. The first 2 worked like a dream but when sewing the top 2, my thread kept snapping and the feed dogs wouldn't feed my fabric through. So they ended up looking like this:
I like the pin tuck detail on the bodice though :)
We haven't really had much Winter weather here yet but I was pleased to get a little rain today so we went out to play .
Linking up here: