I just finished a cute little dress with matching bloomers for my little baby girl.
I chose this cute summer spotted anglaise fabric and teamed it with a lightweight pink linen.
I used this New Look 6903 pattern.
I have made the romper before but decided to make the dress this time.
I made the Medium which suits 8-9.5kgs (18-21lb) I really don't like patterns that have weight measurements. I would rather them have 000, 00, 0 etc because I know what size my baby wears.
Anyway the dress is really big on my girl. Luckily I still have 2 months before Summer and then 3 months of Summer so I am sure she will fit it by then :-)
The dress has a ruffle at bottom which is supposed to be doubled over. I tried it this way but I had a suspicion it would be too thick, being made from linen, so I cut it in half and hemmed the bottom. This solved that problem.
I finished the dress with some cute loveheart buttons.
I put in a casing for some elastic just above the cuff on the pants to create more of a bloomer than shorts.
I think they look cute this way.
I had some labels made up from World Wide Label on Etsy. They are the cheapest I have found for this style of label. I am very happy with the result.
I chose black writing on a grey background so I could use it for boys, girls and adult items. I just sew it on with a thread that matches the item I am sewing it onto. This gives each label a different look and suits each item.
Now I just have to wait for summer so my little girl can wear it :-)