Sunday 25 September 2011

Peasant Costume

Hello.

My 9 year old daughter had a choir performance and she needed a costume. She was a villager child in medievil times. I made her this skirt and top.


The top was made with the Pink Fig Lily Top pattern and was made to hang out over her skirt with a thin belt that tied around her waist. But my girl has a habit of tucking all of her tops in so we adapted the design slightly.


I made a belt twice the thickness of the original and that hid the waist band of the skirt. The skirt was actually made from a valance I bought from the op shop. This was super easy to make because all I had to do was sew a side seam and add a waistband.

To finish the outfit I made a head scarf which was just a triangle with the original belt sewn onto it for the tie.


And now she was ready to "march to the top, to the top, to the top, marching to the top of dragon mountain"
(that was the song she sung at the performance)



4 comments:

  1. Such a cute little costume!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! Looking forward to reading about your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! What a great job you did making it! I need to get a start on my costumes for my kids--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! You could even change the head scarf with a bonnet for a pioneer look;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...