I purchased a couple of new patterns the other day and used one of them to make this.
It was the Burda 9802. I was looking for a different style top for my baby and liked this pattern because it also offered the ruffle pants. It was the first time sewing with a Burda pattern.
Hmmm...I have to say that Burda is not one of my favourite patterns :-(
I prefer tops to have a lining/facing rather that use bias tape to edge the collar and armholes.
It makes for a neater finish.
I added black piping around the collar to tie in with the black pants.
I followed the pattern when sewing the pants but they just didn't match up.
The front pieces were about an inch shorter than the back pieces so I had to cut them down to make them even.
I made the pants out of black drill. I had this in my cupboard to make my son some school pants. After making these cute ruffle bloomers with it I now think that black drill is way better for boys school pants than a sweet baby girls outfit.
|Of course I added a matching bow.|
Nevertheless I still am happy with the overall result.
I think next time though I will make the pants with ruffles that match the pant fabric rather than having such a big contrast.