Sunday 28 August 2011

Refashioned Peasant Dress

Hello all,

I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing this week. It was my daughters 18th birthday on Saturday so I had spent most of the week organising her party. When looking through the photos of her party I found some pictures of a dress I made for another daughter a month or so ago. It was made using the Pink Fig Lily Top.


The last time I went op shopping they had 50% off all secondhand clothing and linen. I found quite a few bargains including this material which was actually a vintage doona cover.
 It was so pretty with a lace ruffle all the way around the edge. I spent an hour or so unpicking this ruffle which I used in the lower part of the dress. It really has an old fashion look and I love it. Luckily, so does my daughter. :-)




This pic really shows the detail of the fabric.

Here are a couple of other examples of dresses I have made with the same pattern.





The pattern calls for shirring but my machine does not like to shir so instead I just sewed in some thin bias binding to the inside to act as a casing for some elastic. You get a similar effect doing it this way.

The Pink Fig patterns are really good because they have many sizes in the one pattern. Makes it good value.

I will try to catch up on a couple of projects I am working on and hopefully post them soon. 
Until then, take it easy! 



7 comments:

  1. Those are totally adorable! Thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this dress, Sherry. My favourite is the large floral with the green ruffle at the bottom. I haven't heard of Pink Fig Designs. Another one for me to check out. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always! I love how the first one turned out... you know me... I love anything upcycled!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pattern looks adorable, I think your upcycled creation turned out beautifully! I love the one with the green frill too, such gorgeous fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the cinched waist! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, I've featured two of your dresses today... http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-features_21.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...