I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing this week. It was my daughters 18th birthday on Saturday so I had spent most of the week organising her party. When looking through the photos of her party I found some pictures of a dress I made for another daughter a month or so ago. It was made using the Pink Fig Lily Top.
The last time I went op shopping they had 50% off all secondhand clothing and linen. I found quite a few bargains including this material which was actually a vintage doona cover.
It was so pretty with a lace ruffle all the way around the edge. I spent an hour or so unpicking this ruffle which I used in the lower part of the dress. It really has an old fashion look and I love it. Luckily, so does my daughter. :-)
This pic really shows the detail of the fabric.
Here are a couple of other examples of dresses I have made with the same pattern.
The pattern calls for shirring but my machine does not like to shir so instead I just sewed in some thin bias binding to the inside to act as a casing for some elastic. You get a similar effect doing it this way.
The Pink Fig patterns are really good because they have many sizes in the one pattern. Makes it good value.
I will try to catch up on a couple of projects I am working on and hopefully post them soon.
Until then, take it easy!