Sunday 14 August 2011

Boys Pants

Hi again.

I just wanted to show you my favorite boys pants pattern, and one of the best thing about it is that it is FREE. I found it on Dana's blog MADE



They are so awesome that I have made heaps of them. Some with pockets, some with a lining , some with a flat front and some with the full elastic waist. I have made them for my boy and for my girl. The pattern suits both. The size of the pattern that you can print out is a 2-3 so that is perfect for my daughter and I just made it a little larger for my boy who fits size 4.

I have noticed that the waist is a little on the low side so for the last pair I made I adjusted the pattern for the waist to sit higher. It turned out that I allowed a little too much extra length that the pants were mega baggy in the crotch. So after I had just finished them I had to unpick the waist and fold it over one extra time. When completed they fit just fine and I am happy again :-)



My son chose the contrasting yellow cotton. I think it is a good combination.



Here are a couple of other pairs I also made.






2 comments:

  1. Nice pants! I'm totally planning to make some of these for little Squiggles soon! I'm still making him pants from Rae's Big But Baby pants patterns!
    And as you may notice, I'm now a follower of your blog :) Keep up the cute sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J-han, thanks for following. I need to get by butt into gear and do some more sewing so I can write some more posts now I have a few people following :) My next project is a sun hat for my little baby girl. I just love the one you made. I might have to get myself one of those patterns next. I look forward to seeing what you make next too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...