Saturday 18 August 2012

Bargain Buy of the Century

Hello.

The other day I went to Spotlight when they had 30% off.
I picked up some fabric for a sew along I am taking part in at the end of the month.

While I was there I obviously checked out the the cheap trolley and I found some lovely fabric for $1 a metre. With my 30% discount I paid 67 cents p/m so I bought the whole roll.
Unfortunately there was only 2.5 metres left.

Anyway I have been busy sewing up a storm with it.
First project was a Lula Maxi Dress.


I made some small adjustments to the pattern because I added in some pink lace I salvaged off an old top which was thinner than the band should be. This made the dress a little shorter than it should be.
Next time I will add the extra length as I think this dress would look amazing down to the ankles. 

With a whole lot of fabric left I decided to try my hand at designing my own dress for my baby.
I took the bodice from this pattern as a guide for the size. I came up with this dress.


I just love the way it tuned out!
I made a size 2 which is a little bit big for her now but we are still a few month from the warmer weather so I'm sure it will be spot on by then.

I still have just under a metre of fabric left and I wanted to make a matching top for my 10 year old. Do you think I could convince her to wear it? NO WAY!!!

Maybe I could make a little something for myself with it :)







Linking up here.







2 comments:

  1. What a bargain!!! Nice work Sherry :)
    Both of these dresses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Love the fabric and the back turned out very clean and fits really well. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...