Wednesday 28 March 2012

A Little Baby Bonnet

Hello.

I made up a little baby bonnet a few months ago and have been meaning to blog about it for that long.
I have to say that it is the best baby hat I have ever had. All together my baby has about 4 hats but the only one to stay on is this one.



This was made using the The Abigail Baby Bonnet pattern.
It comes as a PDF pattern from I Think Sew and only cost $3.
This site has quite a few cheap, cute patterns.

I made this hat from the same sheet I made all of these PJ's from.

The hat is reversible so you can make it with 2 different fabrics if you wish.
I made it all white so it works with most of her clothing.

I cheated a little with the ties. Instead of making them out of fabric I used a shoelace (unused of course :) It was pink with silver glitter through it.




This hat has fit her from December last year, right up to now and she still has room
(the pattern does come with a range of different sizes).

I just love it. Once it's tied up it wont come off, no matter how hard your little one tries.
In the end they just give up and leave it on.

Linking up here:


2 comments:

  1. That's a darling little sunhat, Sherry!!! It not only looks great, but it's so practical for our climate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hat! Perfect for the sunny weather around where I live lately! Thanks for posting!

    Betsy @ 2nd Story Sewing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...