Sunday, 18 December 2011

A Blue Linen Dress

Hello.

When I purchased my Japanese pattern books I made a pact with myself that I would make each pattern at least once. So to keep the ball rolling I decided to make this dress.


I thought to myself that I would try to follow the dress in the book as close as I could so I kept the fabric the same. I picked up this blue linen fabric from the op shop. I was so surprised that it was actually a piece of unused fabric and not an old curtain or sheet etc... It was almost 2 meters in length and only cost me $3.
What a score! 


I used some left over pink fabric from this outfit for the casings.   


I really do like this dress. It didn't ruffle up on the bodice as much as the example in the book did, but I don't think it matters too much.




Well that is another one to tick off from the book, only about 30-40 more to go...
Good thing I love to sew ♥


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous dress, Sherry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Again you make me want to get one of those Japanese pattern books! hopefully soon. Look forward to see the 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling dress!! I've wanted one of those pattern books,but I'm chicken! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice linen dresses. and so cute.It’s super site, I was looking for something like this.Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...