When I purchased my Japanese pattern books I made a pact with myself that I would make each pattern at least once. So to keep the ball rolling I decided to make this dress.
I thought to myself that I would try to follow the dress in the book as close as I could so I kept the fabric the same. I picked up this blue linen fabric from the op shop. I was so surprised that it was actually a piece of unused fabric and not an old curtain or sheet etc... It was almost 2 meters in length and only cost me $3.
What a score!
I used some left over pink fabric from this outfit for the casings.
I really do like this dress. It didn't ruffle up on the bodice as much as the example in the book did, but I don't think it matters too much.
Well that is another one to tick off from the book, only about 30-40 more to go...
Good thing I love to sew ♥