Friday 1 June 2012

Refashioned T-Shirt to PJ Pants

Hello.

My oldest son went through his wardrobe the other day
and gave me a whole heap of t-shirts that he no longer wears.
I thought I'd use some of them to make my little baby some new jammie pants.


I chose a light pink Quiksilver t-shirt and cut a piece of the logo out to add to the bottom of the leg.
It had a very small mark on the top so I added another little patch of the logo.


    

Then I chose a nice purple t-shirt that had a skeleton riding a bicylce :-\

I guess thats the only problem with using a boys/mans t-shirt for a baby girls project,
sometimes the subject matter doesn't match.

Lucky they are bed pants :-)

 


I used the hem of the t-shirt for the pink pants.


To get the picture positioned right on the purple pair I had to cut higher into the t-shirt. 
These ones I had to hem myself.


I made this pattern from an old pair of pants that I cut open.
I traced around them and was able to create a pattern piece that only has one inside leg seam.
This makes for a super quick and easy pair of pants that I can whip up in half an hour.

 

I must use a few more of the t-shirts he gave me to make up some more pants.
I love the result, so quick and comfy.

Linking up here.




16 comments:

  1. So practical and cost effective, Sherry! They look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so cool! I'm a new blog follower from the Six Sisters blog hop. I would love if you followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is such a clever idea. Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me... I LOVE a good upcyle!!! They look terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever idea. Upcycling is my favorite thing to do! And, I think the subject matter is cute for girls :)
    http://mysticmandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Thanks for linking up at Grits & Giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you!! wow..I really have no talent or creativity!! but I appreciate yours!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I am definitely going to give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! This is so cute! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my "Pear" Up blog hop! See you soon. http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the designs. One of your new followers from pear up blog hop,hoping you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cute and I never would have thought to use some of my hubs old shirts for play shorts or jammie pants =)

    Visiting from I Heart Naptime

    ReplyDelete
  13. How smart! I've been thinking that my little guy needs some more pj shorts, so I think I'll try your idea to make some. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Erin
    takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! I found your cute blog via the blog hop and just added myself to your followers! Also I wanted to invite you to come enter a fabulous Steve Madden giveaway I'm having right now!!
    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much lady!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/steve-madden-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great idea! I really need to do this with a few of my husbands old t-shirts. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It UP Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!

    I'm Shar! New follower from the pear up blog hop! Come visit me over at: sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    Aw! What a cute/GREAT idea!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...