Saturday 24 March 2012

Getting Winter Started

Hello.

The other morning it was a little chilly and I noticed I didn't have many warm jackets for my 1 year old so I made this one up today. It is New Look 6927.


I actually made this jacket to match the birthday dress I made a couple of weeks ago.


I wanted it to remain quite plain so it can be worn with many outfits so I just added accents of the pink tartan under the collar and for the facings.



I used black piping around the collar and on the pockets.
The buttons were left over from when I made this dress


Does anyone know if there is a rule about what side the button/buttonholes go?
After I did the buttonholes on the righthand side
(which worked like a dream I might add, it's amazing what a sharp needle will do)
I thought to myself they should have been on the lefthand side.
If anyone has an answer I'd love you to leave a comment :)  


I'm not sure if she was hungry or if she found the jacket tasty but she wouldn't stop chewing her sleeves.



All I can say is...roll on Winter, my girl's got a jacket to wear.



Linking up here:





20 comments:

  1. Looks great, Sherry! Love the black piping! Buttonholes on the right hand side for females and on the left hand side for males.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable jacket! And very impressed that you made it in just a day! I have not used these patterns before but I am seeing them more and more. Will have to check them out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely jacket The piping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, I am so in love with this darling coat! It is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, perfect jacket. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!!! That is so sweet! I'm extremely impressed (and jealous) by your skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! I do sew but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough for that! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the piping! Adds such a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job, your little girl looks adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is darling! Nice work!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6 kids and you are getting them to wear such adorable cloths. how do you do it?!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That coat is adorable. So creative...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable. I love the lining and that you used it under the collar as well. I would love to have you link up to our bright colors party on Wed.

    acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and impressed you made it! Wish I knew how to sew. Found you on Funky Polkadot giraffe party.

    amber
    www.recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you kidding me? That is ADORABLE. I can't believe the details you put into. The detail under the color...you made this coat with love, didn't you? Beautifully done.

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you made this in one day? I am very impressed! I love the plaid underneath and the black piping makes it look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! All your special touches make is so unique but allow it to be so versatile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...